Board of Directors – President
The President is the principal officer of the Association. The President will:
- Direct the business of the Association.
- Ensure the resolutions and directions of the Board are carried out.
- Execute for the Association any contracts, deeds, mortgages, bonds or any other instruments that the Board has authorized the President to execute.
- Promote a positive image of the Association to the Membership and the general public.
He/she will be General Manager and Leader of the organization, guiding the necessary business of the club, ensuring that results are achieved and duties are carried out by the Board and the key appointed positions.
Other duties include:
- Contact, negotiator and liaison for OMRRA to the management of PIR.
- Lead the Riders Meeting each race day.
- Promote volunteerism and participation within the club, including during race weekends, and on off-season Committees.
- Administer the appointment of key positions within the Association.
- Facilitate the production, effectiveness and consistency of the Board year-round, leading the process to establish annual and long-term strategies, priorities and goals, assignment of responsibilities required to achieve them, and to evaluating progress toward meeting strategic aims and objectives.
- In cases where disciplinary action is required, lead that process and ensure appropriate actions are taken and consequences rendered.
If the President is unable to perform the duties of the Office, temporarily or permanently, such duties will be assumed by the next qualified Association officer available. The order of succession is: Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary.