Thread: Case Covers for Inline Fours

Default Case Covers for Inline Fours

greetings club management!

is there any chance of getting a "bye" this weekend on having an aftermarket case cover for inline fours? i know an important part of being a good club member (5 years now) is digging deep into the rule book - as many things have changed - but i'm just now seeing this (yes, punch me) with only a few days to go. granted case covers are moderatly inexpensive - and i've got a nice woodcraft on order now - but i won't have it ready to rock by saturday morning. and the forecast looks so promising! any chance in heck that us inline four jockeys with OEM covers can get a bye, and then be fully legal by june?

I hate to be a bad ass but as a long time corner capt. I have to vote no, case savers and oil catch pans have saved us a lot of clean up time that was better use by our racers on track and not pushing a broom around, Jim Thompson Capt. turn 3

My thoughts are...if OMRRA allows any bike on the track that has stock plastics and no case savers, then yes Nick should be allowed to ride without his cases savers this weekend. If omrra sanctions TOR and allows those riders on track without those oil containment features then the thought process is flawed, to not allow Nick or anyone else for that matter to ride.

This was already discussed by the board a few weeks back.

No one will be turned away this weekend for not having case covers, but everyone will be required by the following round to have them.

Maurice
    Maurice Miller
    2009 - Present: OMRRA Membership Representative

OMRRA #39

Maurice is correct! No one will be turned away the first round for not having aftermarket cases, or billet cases covers. On June 2-3 event they will be required and the rules will be strictly enforced. Since this a 2012 rule change, the first weekend will be a grace period.This weekend OMRRA will revert back to the 2011 rules that basically states that anyone not running aftermarket case covers will be fined up to $275.00 in the event that a stock case cover fails and oils the track! If you you don't follow the debris flag rules and stay on track when corners flag you off the track, therefor oiling the track you can also be fined!
    Bothe, I concur with you thought process, but TOR is not a race, therefor we are not going to make them utilize hardened or billet case covers, safety wire, catch can, belly pan, unplug lights, horn, etc., etc. It's for a good cause, the Injured riders Fund and also gets people on the track in a fairly safe environment. Hopefully they get the bug and come racing!
    Jim, just a small point, aftermarket, billet or hardened case covers have not been required until this year, see previous definition above!
    Belly pans will be required for all racers on the track during SAT and SUN! NO exceptions!

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Janss View Post
    Maurice is correct! No one will be turned away the first round for not having aftermarket cases, or billet cases covers. On June 2-3 event they will be required and the rules will be strictly enforced. Since this a 2012 rule change, the first weekend will be a grace period.This weekend OMRRA will revert back to the 2011 rules that basically states that anyone not running aftermarket case covers will be fined up to $275.00 in the event that a stock case cover fails and oils the track! If you you don't follow the debris flag rules and stay on track when corners flag you off the track, therefor oiling the track you can also be fined!
    Bothe, I concur with you thought process, but TOR is not a race, therefor we are not going to make them utilize hardened or billet case covers, safety wire, catch can, belly pan, unplug lights, horn, etc., etc. It's for a good cause, the Injured riders Fund and also gets people on the track in a fairly safe environment. Hopefully they get the bug and come racing!
    Jim, just a small point, aftermarket, billet or hardened case covers have not been required until this year, see previous definition above!
    Belly pans will be required for all racers on the track during SAT and SUN! NO exceptions!
    Until TOR returns to its roots as a parade lap. Then Mark has a good point, those dudes are rolling at over a 140 mph on the straight, and some of those TOR ridesr treat it like its a race amongst themselves......Just Saying one of these days its gonna backfire on us..
    2010 Vice Prez/2008 Vice Prez/2007 Vice Prez/2006 Member at Large

Black Flag Racing IIII

My Pinky is short and it feels funny

I agree with Rob Tatom last sentence. If we have to use a bit of grease sweep, so be it! We have enough and can get more though. I just don't want to see anyone injured in TOR. If a bike gets destroyed, that's life, if someone gets hurt that's a big difference! It's a short track day experience, that the funds go to a good cause!